Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Prospective Teacher

The following was handed to me the other day.  I think it's worth a read.  Check it out...

After being interviewed by the  school administration, the prospective teacher  said: 
 
'Let me see if  I've got this right.


 
'You want me to  go into that room with all those kids, correct their  disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor  their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill  in them a love for learning. 
 
'You want me to  check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and  sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self  esteem and personal pride. 
 

'You want me to  teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and  fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook,  and apply for a job.  

'You want me to  check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial  behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final  exams.

'You  also want me to provide them with an equal education  regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with  their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by  letter, telephone, newsletter, and report  card.  

'You want me to  do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin  board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that  qualifies me for food stamps. 
 
'You want me to  do all this and then you tell me. . . I CAN'T PRAY?    

No comments:

Post a Comment