Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Government At Work!

The iron fence around the Prime Minister's residence at 24 Sussex Drive was in need of repair and contractors from Alberta, Quebec and Newfoundland were bidding for the job so the three of them went to look at the job to be done along with a government official.

The Alberta contractor took out a measuring tape, did some calculations and announced. "I
figure the job will run about $900. of which $400. is for materials, $400. for my crew and $100. of profit for me"

The Newfie contractor then measured the area, did some figuring and announced, "I can do the job for $700. being $300. for materials, $300. for my crew and $100. profit for me.

The Quebec contractor didn't measure anything and didn't do any calculations, simply leaning over
to the government official and whispering "$2,700."

The government official turned back to him saying, "You didn't even measure or calculate like the other guys, so how do you come up with such a big amount?"

The Quebec contractor whispers back to him, " $1,000. for me. $1,000. for you and we hire the Newfie to do the job"

"Done" replies the government official.

No comments:

Post a Comment