Friday, December 23, 2011

Something Personal For Your Wife

Gord, if you're reading this... just wanted to say... I'm still laughing.

"Have you ever had to pick up something personal for your wife, while shopping?" he asked me this morning while I cut his hair.

"What exactly do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, a couple of weeks ago, my wife wasn't feeling so good, and she asked me if I could pick her up a package of Tampax while I was at the store.  She said,  'it's the one in the blue package.'

"Walking down one of the aisles, I'm shocked to see what looked to me to be thousands of blue Tampax packages.  Totally dazed, I'm thinking ... 'which one do I pick?'

Grabbing one that had a sale price of $7.95 on it, I headed to the checkout, before someone actually saw me.

As the cashier scanned the three items I had, the Tampax rang up at $15.95.  I quickly said, no, no, no, those are on sale for $7.95.  And before I took my next breath, she was on the intercom receiver, making a store wide announcement... 'Price check please, aisle 13, Tampax, blue package.'  By now I had turned every shade of red possible, while seven other customers standing behind me, patiently waited.

What felt to be about ten minutes later, another voice comes back on the intercom, 'Was that the kind that you push in with your thumb or pound in with a hammer?'  

He thought she had said, ThumTacks."









No comments:

Post a Comment