Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Old Cemeteries


Browsing old cemeteries, one can find some fascinating things on old tombstones!

Below are just a few...

Harry Edsel Smith of Albany , New York :
Born 1903--Died 1942. Looked up the elevator 
shaft to see if the car was on the way down. It was. 

In a Thurmont, Maryland cemetery: 

Here lies an Atheist, all dressed up and no place 

to go.  

In a Ruidoso, New Mexico cemetery: 

Here lies Johnny Yeast. Pardon him for not 

rising.  

In a Uniontown, Pennsylvania cemetery: 
Here lies the body of Jonathan Blake, 

Stepped on the gas instead of the brake. 


In a cemetery in England : 
Remember man, as you walk by, 

As you are now, 

So once was I. 

As I am now, so shall you be, 

Remember 
this and follow me. 


To which someone replied by writing 
on the tombstone: To follow you I'll not consent, Until 
I know which way you went


.





No comments:

Post a Comment