Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why Althletes Can't Have Regular Jobs

Is someone out there, just makin' this stuff up?  Or is this for real?  Whatever... it's pretty funny.  Keep reading...

1. Chicago Cubs  outfielder Andre  Dawson on being a role  model:
"I  wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to  me. I wan' all the kids to copulate  me."


 2.  New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked  about the upcoming  season:
"I  want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever  comes first."

3.  And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's  say:
"I'd run over my own mother to win  the Super  Bowl." 
Matt Millen of  the Raiders said: "To win,  I'd run over Joe's Mom,  too."

4.  Torrin Polk, University  of Houston receiver, on  his coach, John  Jenkins:
"He treats us like men. He lets us wear  earrings.."

 5.  Football commentator and former  player Joe  Theismann:
 "Nobody in football should be called a  genius. A genius is a guy like Norman  Einstein."

 6.  Senior basketball  player at  the University of  Pittsburgh :
 "I'm going to graduate on time, no  matter how long it takes."
 (Now that is  beautiful)

 7. Bill  Peterson, a Florida State football  coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by  height.."
 And, "You guys pair up in groups of  three, and then line up in a  circle."

 8.  Boxing promoter Dan Duva  on Mike  Tyson going to  prison:
 "Why would anyone expect him to come out  smarter? He went to prison for three years,  not Princeton ."

9. Stu  Grimson, Chicago  Blackhawks left wing,  explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself  above his locker:  "That's so when I forget how to spell my  name, I can still find my  clothes."

10.  Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan  training regimen of heavyweight Andrew  Golota:  "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock  in the morning, regardless of what time it  is."

11. Chuck  Nevitt , North Carolina  State basketball player, explaining  to Coach Jim  Valvano why he appeared  nervous at practice:  "My sister's expecting a baby, and I  don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an  aunt."  (I  wonder if his IQ ever hit room temperature in  January)

12. Frank  Layden , Utah Jazz  president, on a former  player:  "I asked him,  'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or  apathy?'  He  said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't  care.'

13. Shelby  Metcalf, basketball coach  at Texas A&M,  recounting what he told a player who received  four F's and one D:  "Son, looks to me like you're spending  too much time on one  subject."

14.  In the words of NC State great Charles  Shackelford:  “I can go to my  left or right, I am  amphibious.”

15.  Amarillo High School and Oiler  coach Bum  Phillips when asked  by Bob  Costas why he takes his  wife on all the road  trips,  Phillips  responded:  "Because she  is too ugly to kiss  good-bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment