Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crazy, but not Stupid!

Here's another one from Bob, who brought us Nuts!  This story also has a few nuts in it...

He said, Tom was finished work for the day.  He was making his usual commute back home.  Nothing unusual, until all of a sudden he realizes he has a flat tire.  He pulled over to the side of the road, near a fence that surrounded the FSI Asylum.   No big deal he thought. 

He removed the tire,  placing the nuts in the hub cap, from the wheel.  As he went back to the trunk to retrieve the spare, he noticed a man peeking though the fence, watching every move he made.  He acknowledged him with slight nod.  Blinded somewhat by the tire he was carrying, he accidentally stepped on the edge of the hub cap on the ground and sent the nuts flying into the ditch, that was now full of fresh fallen snow.  

Mumbling a few choice words, he thought... 'Now what do I do?'  Knowing he'd never find the nuts in the snow, he said to the man behind the fence, "I guess I'll just have to call a tow truck."  

"I have an idea." said the man.  "Why not take one nut from each of the other wheels,... that should at least get you home." 

"Why didn't I think of that?"  said Tom.

"I might be crazy." said the man, "but I'm not stupid!"

 Ten minutes later, Tom said thanks, and drove away.

No comments:

Post a Comment